People in any ones life are key to life itself. I feel truly blessed to have the people in my life I have.
Today I scrambled to complete my grant. This week a very intelligent women helped me edit my paper and a very patient man helped me print it. I had been working on this paper for a month - off and on. I set my mind to finish it on time and not request the offered extension. Because of my dear friends I was able to finish it!
I knew it needed overhauling. My feeling was I could have this really amazing friend look it over to give me the hard truth. Boy did she come through. I owe her big time. This women has taught me many things, and I love how honest she is with me. Once the paper was done I had to print it. For some reason (full moon) I could not get any printers in my house to work. This brings in friend number 2. He came over at a drop of a hat looked over my paper, made the necessary changes, fixed my user error with the printer to find I had ran out of ink. While I was doing multiple other things and babbling, he was awesome enough to make a copy and go to print my paper for me. He then ran to the post man for me while I ran after, because I could not figure out the necessary postage to send such a package. I then fell down the stairs onto the rock wall, to discover the post man didn't know. The attempts to catch me were appreciated. However, me being in full moon, dead lines, and totally not grounded fell in the most amazing fashion there was no hope. Thank you both so much for all your help and taking time out of your busy lives to deal with mine.
In the process of my new events this has added a fresh flame to my fire for My Eco MO.
I believe everything happens for a reason. In the last few months I have been contact by folks and crossed paths with others. Each leaving their impression on my mind. Some were to ponder my ability of success others to keep me motivated. Now I knew what to do next.
Taking in a deep breath I typed the help ad's. After 10 minutes of the ad's going live I actually received responses. I was shocked and delighted. I spent hours thinking of who I really needed and what I knew I could let go of. After this I had to figure out how to attract the people I actually wanted to hear from. One ad went smashing. I received just enough replies. The folks I have heard from, spoken to, and meet with have been amazing. The passion they express and the excitement was exhilarating. The other ad...huh...well...could have had more time spent on it. I forget sometimes how that industry thinks, and now know I did not make myself clear enough. I received close to 100 emails and only had three I could reply to. I'm still hopeful on all accounts. In my experience of hiring and training people first impressions are not always correct. However, in this case for these positions the first impression is critical. For one main reason. If you can't communicate well (reading or writing) how do you plan to work for a company that does everything remotely? Emailing was a great start for a reply to my ad's. This forced them to show me they can communicate and have the ability to use the computer. Secondly the phone call. If you don't answer after you told me to give you a call, and you gave me your cell number. How can we move forward? These two steps cut my list down to 10 people. Now I have a number I can deal with.
Tomorrow I start the interviews in person. This should be really fun. I already know who I'm getting and what to expect from them. What will be exciting is I don't yet know which one of them is bringing the bad skirt. Oh yes, the bad skirt. It's multiple pieces of old jeans that has been turned into a poorly stitched, ratty looking thing from the wrong decade. The sad part is, I feel so bad for them I want to bring them on. I don't mainly because they end up not being able to learn and take to much time away for the rest of us.
This brings me back to people being key. The right people regardless of where they are in life and the skills they have; can do anything if they have the passion, want, desire, and ability to learn or change.
No comments:
Post a Comment