I'm getting ready to order some t-shirts to start off with. However, I don't want just any t-shirts. These are from recycled plastic bottles. In addition to this. As most of you know, I have to say something I believe would be funny. In the process of tossing around a few ideas I discovered my vocabulary is more expansive then the average bloke. So now I'm stuck with thinking of things that will make sense to the average being. Not so easy really, because it leads me to think of mean things to say about gits. I read a few things today that made me laugh so hard I cried. Oddly enough the part that was funny to me was a word that made the whole joke; most people didn't know the meaning of. Even funnier, these folks are and were totally smarter then I. Huh...what to write. I know my first shirt will be a logo and label. Obviously. But wouldn't it be cool if the logo and label where on the back of the shirt and the funny bit on the front or the like?
What about:
"I am listening, promise. How else will I ever find out if you have a point?"
"Don't even think about it. I'm not looking at you because your attractive. I'm wondering who screwed who to make you." Or "I'm wondering if anyone else has told you about the food in your teeth." (to mean?)
"Why is it when you meet a tree hugger the you instantly think, "do they shave?"
"Save the water, save the trees, save the air, save the planet; and while your at it - Shower, Please!"
Oh wait what about this one:
"Cute, Friendly, and Sustainable" (I think this is my favorite)
"Just saying..."
"I might be opinionated but you're a Git"
"Q: If you put a tree hugger, a granola, and a environmentalist all together in one room what do you get? A: _______" (no really, what would be your answer)
Help me out here people!
How bad would it be to have a purchase button on the site for donations for the cause LOL - Just a thought.
While I'm going off on tangents -
I missed one of my grants, which made me kick myself. I had no idea the amount of folks applying.
I'm still working on another grant that is due July 30th. I'm totally nervous. Why is it so hard to do all this. I find if I focus on the business end of things, the creative end and marketing end lack. If I focus on marketing the others lack and so on. One women shows are hard work. Really it's simple. I am great at many things and horrible doing all of them at once. I just want to create a company using fashion in a safe sustainable way. In doing so hire less fortunate people and help them to become independent and self sufficient while learning a trade and earning money. I want to help people and the planet. I only ask in return for some help and a very small income so I can keep doing this. Sounds simple enough, right?
It all came to me when I discovered how horrible my smashing wardrobe was for the environment and that little kids in other countries were making them. I tried to find clothes that were fashionable, affordable, and sustainable. I couldn't. So I thought, "I can sew, and I have awesome ideas for clothes." While doing this I thought, "If I could only get some help" which led to "I could teach people how to do these things so they could move out of the ghetto and have happy healthy families and futures!" Brilliant!
See, I live near the ghetto and have had the lovely chance to live and visit the ghetto's. These folks deserve better. I wish they were given a chance. Most of them want to change and improve but get kicked down every chance they get. They need help. Not a hand out. They need guidance, dreams, and a chance.
I'm only asking to place several small orders $200-$500 to start with. Once I can start to hire and help these other folks "Bamb". Dreams start happening. That is what life is about.
To put this even more simply
I watched a loving mother help her little guy reach and cross the monkey bars. He was so excited and happy with himself once they reached the other side. The mother had week numb arms by the time he finished. But to see how this effected her little man was priceless. In a few years he will be doing on his own with confidence because she took the time to help him.
It doesn't take much. Just time and the ability to care.
No comments:
Post a Comment