I'm so happy to have finally gotten a few new items up on the site. I love them so much. Dresses with pockets! I hope to add more soon. It's a process.
See here is the bit about the website. We don't communicate well. We have only been together for about 6-7 months now and I'm the creative dreamer while website is the literal reality check. I always know what I want to do and website is excellent and always reminding me of what I am able to do. My relationship with camera is growing very distant since website requires so much work. Camera didn't want to produce so we spent some quality time together which made website mad so website thinks it's funny to change my buttons.
I hope you enjoy the new items and I have more to add as soon as this whole relationship calms down a bit.
In the mean time I have found a few others who are doing the same thing I am. Well not totally the same but very close. It's great! One gal buys all her stuff at the thrift store and cuts it up to re create new trendy clothes. Another gal buys used coffee bags and makes them into messenger bags or the like. Both had awesome ideas and fun stuff to show off. I don't know if I will ever get over a few things though. One being, "Holly Cow Batman, people really pay that much for your stuff?" and the second I'll keep to myself. The awesome part is the gals I looked at today were both local here in Washington and both professional designers. It amazed me to see what the thrift store gal could make. Total talent. The other gal said all the employees are local too and everything done in the USA. I hope to watch these companies grow and see how it all lays out.
I love the idea of reusing all the clothes and fabric people toss. It amazes me at how much fabric you can find. I see ads in the papers, garage and estate sales, thrift shops. It's darn near everywhere! I love heavy cottons with strips, or dots. More commonly known as the bed linen. I have bins, drawers, and shelves of fabric. I just watch it and wait for the ideas to come.
It has never made much sense to me that an XL sweater could be tossed out that was gorgeously knit, when you can cut it up and turn it into a vest, skirt, or what ever you fancied. Duvets are the best for tea dresses or wrap skirts! The fabric is heavy enough to drape in a flattering manner while not getting caught by the wind. While it's still light enough to keep cool on hot days and not weigh you down.
Oh and the handbags - I love the older bags you get at estate sales. They are sublime. No one else has that bag, the materials are no longer used, and they don't break or wear out like the new ones. I love the classic sharp lines and the way to decorated or shinny dress purses. It's so hard to find fun bags and purses these days. I get so excited when I find them. I had a gentlemen ask me a bit back why I was buying a bag I saw as the best find of the year. He said "there is no label on that bag, no one will pay for that." My reply (I thought) was cheeky "Well I'm buying it for myself which should tell you that yes someone would pay for this bag and real women don't care what the tag says, we care about what we like" I still love that bag. I might never use it. But it's there just in case. My advise...If it makes you smile for any reason keep it. The smile could come from knowing how silly you look, that you just have to go that tacky and try not to laugh, to the smile that you can take anything on today because you are armed with your "happy item", or even if you just know you look damn good in it and there is no chance there is another like it.
I'm getting off my soap box now regarding all this. Just one last thing; don't toss your clothes in the trash. It's only rubbish to you. Take it to a clothing bin or re-tex. So they can be given a new life. It takes a lot of nasty chemicals and other pollution to create the clothing everyone has been wearing. Let's try to lighten the load on the planet.
No comments:
Post a Comment