Two bits of points here.
This weekend we attended a parade in a near by city. The parade was fun for the family and friends. However, I was shocked at the lack of responsibility and respect the local people had for their own city. I am certain we are one of few that actually brought a bag for trash and who picked up after themselves. As the streets vacated and traffic commenced the sidewalks were littered with trash. To the point that they will either have to hire a large crew to clean it up or spend days doing so. "Really? You care that much?" was all I could think. It was sad to all of us who cared.
I received a link to an article from a fabulous friend of mine. I was disgusted at what I read and appalled as I continued to read. How sad is our world and what people choose to do with it. These people have been suffering from the damn oil companies for decades. Here is the link www.guardian.com.uk/world/2010/may/30/oil-spills-nigeria-niger-delta-shell
On another happy bit. I found a great vendor and can't wait for my items to become tangible. I was able to work with a company who is located in the US and they use recycled materials. I'm so excited I feel like a kid who finally hit a home run at my game! Months and months I have researched trying to find anyone in the US who makes recycled jersey fabric and willing to work with me. Not only do these folks manufacture in the US using recycled fabrics but they also sell the fabric so I can create new items. Nothing drives me more crazy then the selection of what you can purchase of eco clothing. I don't want to walk around all the time wearing t-shirts, yoga pants, or long skirts. I want dresses, jeans, tanks, hoodies, fun clothes with color. This was a big break through for my bags as well. Some of you know I have been making bags out of used plastic supermarket bags. This is very time consuming. I started the plastic bag project because I was not able to find the fabric in the US already fussed. Oh yes, that's right, they offer this as well! So much fun! Before I place my first order for material I have to work out some designs and specs. If there are any requests please let me know. Oh and the prices will stay minimal as they are now. Most tops will be around $20 and bottoms around $30 to $40.
This brings me to another thought. How many of you would purchase Eco linen? I love the waffle towels every since I used a Eco one in Italy. So soft, light, and shocked to discover they were organic. I found a vendor for this fabric as well. When I was placing my order for my new towels in my home I thought...I wonder if anyone else would like these?
Have a fantastic day!
No comments:
Post a Comment